5 Ways To Seek Out Support
5 Ways To Seek Out Support
In my years as a vibrational catalyst for others, I’ve seen so many people come and go, many of them never quite fulfilling the role they were meant to fill in this life. I’ve also witnessed as others soared to levels of happiness, peace, and success they never could have imagined. I’ve been inspired by the success I’m able to be a part of, and I know that one of the reasons for this success is the support I was able to give these dear clients.
We all need support. No one can live their life in a vacuum. Finding the right kind of people to surround yourself with, though, can be challenging. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be difficult, if you’re willing to do a bit of work to find the right tribe.
Here are 5 ways to seek out the support of others:
- Let Ego Go – Don’t allow jealousy or envy of another’s situation in life block you from allowing them into your life as one of your supporters. Your mentors should have things and experiences you want. They should be in life situations that you want to emulate. They should be people that exemplify where you’d like to be in one, five, or ten years.
- Resolve to Accept Being Challenged – A good mentor will question you, and they’ll expect you to be able to support your positions and decisions. They’ll point out where they see you getting off-track, and may tell you truths about yourself and your behaviour that you don’t like, or didn’t ask for. That’s their job – to be as honest as possible with you so that you can entertain these new ideas, in the hopes that you’ll become a better person, and achieve the success that you deserve. Don’t get defensive…just listen, and take it all in.
- Be Clear About Your Goals – Knowing what you truly want helps you find people who are of a like mind. For instance, if your dream is to live off-grid in a small cabin in the mountains, you’re unlikely to find just what you need from someone who is an investment banker in New York. Certainly, you’d learn lessons from them, but finding people with goals similar to yours who have already achieved what you want is a more suitable fit. You’ll have more common ground from which to jump!
- Be Prepared to Work – Your mentor will challenge you by offering their advice on what your next step should be to get to where you want to go. Remember that they’ve been here before, and they’ve made their way to the other side. The value of their knowledge and wisdom comes from the fact that they’ve already been on this journey before you.
- Look, but Don’t Chase – Finding a good mentor, or even just people around you to support you, must happen naturally and organically. You may feel as if someone is a perfect fit, but the universe may have other plans. Be open to possibility, and be aware of who is around you that you may not be seeing the true value of. Your mentor will show up, just like that, and probably when you least expect it or are looking for it.
In this interview, you learn that the Rev. Michael Beckwith has always been a source of support to Panache Desai. We all need support on our life journey.
Join Panache Desai this summer in his 2019 Global Gathering - Summer of Infinite Potential.
Learn More - Early Bird Tickets ending soon!