…… It’s sometimes hard to see you are in a toxic relationship when you are in it.
We get so invested and often can’t see clearly as we are clouded by our conditioning.
Some signs of a toxic relationship are more obvious, like mental, emotional, verbal or financial abuse, but some are much more subtle.
So here are a few signs of a toxic relationship:
- You are constantly bringing out the worst parts of each other.
- There is a lot of passive aggressive behavior rather than real communication.
- Excessive jealousy, control and possessiveness.
- Constantly criticizing the other.
- You don’t feel you can be your real self out of fear of the other’s reactions.
- Disrespecting your partner, their opinions, requests, worth.